POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : POVRay script of Tux Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:59:02 EDT (-0400)
  POVRay script of Tux (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: peter
Subject: POVRay script of Tux
Date: 28 Oct 2002 02:44:13
Message: <3dbceabb@news.povray.org>
Is there a (publicly available) povray script of Tux (the Linux mascot
penguin)?
Google doesn't seem to have found one for me.

TIA

Peter

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: POVRay script of Tux
Date: 28 Oct 2002 05:20:07
Message: <web.3dbd0e9887c6866db29393de0@news.povray.org>
peter wrote:
>Is there a (publicly available) povray script of Tux (the Linux mascot
>penguin)?
>Google doesn't seem to have found one for me.
>
>TIA
>
>Peter

Peter, I was just thinking about that yesterday. I seem to remember that at
one time the code *did* exist but it's disappeared off the web now.
If anyone out there has a copy, put me down as a 'me, too'

Doctor John

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 28 Oct 2002 06:34:21
Message: <3DBD2081.406332CB@pacbell.net>

    Subject: Penguin (sPatch model)
       Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 14:01:41 +0000
       From: Toni Bratincevic <tbr### [at] mailgeocitiescom>
 Newsgroups: povray.binaries.scene-files

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

From: Jamie Davison
Date: 28 Oct 2002 07:26:27
Message: <MPG.18273d793a40f5e6989c07@news.povray.org>
> > Is there a (publicly available) povray script of Tux (the Linux mascot
> > penguin)?
> > Google doesn't seem to have found one for me.
>
>     Subject: Penguin (sPatch model)
>        Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 14:01:41 +0000
>        From: Toni Bratincevic <tbr### [at] mailgeocitiescom>
>  Newsgroups: povray.binaries.scene-files

I've got a Moray .mdl of that file which has been textured by me, if
anyone wants it.

Jamie.

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter
Date: 29 Oct 2002 02:18:33
Message: <3dbe3649@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote:
> peter wrote:
>> Is there a (publicly available) povray script of Tux (the Linux mascot
>> penguin)?
>> Google doesn't seem to have found one for me.
>
>     Subject: Penguin (sPatch model)
>        Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 14:01:41 +0000
>        From: Toni Bratincevic <tbr### [at] mailgeocitiescom>
>  Newsgroups: povray.binaries.scene-files

Thanks - ah - how do I read a sPatch file in POVRay?
(or a Moray .mdl file, for that matter)

BTW I'm using Povray 3.5 on Linux.

TIA

Peter

Post a reply to this message

From: hughes, b
Date: 29 Oct 2002 04:22:39
Message: <3dbe535f@news.povray.org>
"Peter" <nos### [at] yahooconz> wrote in message

> Thanks - ah - how do I read a sPatch file in POVRay?
> (or a Moray .mdl file, for that matter)
>
> BTW I'm using Povray 3.5 on Linux.

You'll have to use the sPatch program to export the SPT file for use in POV,
or Moray to export a MDL file. They should create a bicubic patch or
triangle mesh object. Since both programs are for Windows you'll need to be
using VMware or Wine or whatever (I'm not a Linux user).
http://www.geocities.com/getspatch/
--
Farewell,
Bob

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 29 Oct 2002 05:50:02
Message: <web.3dbe675487c6866db29393de0@news.povray.org>
hughes, b. wrote:
>"Peter" <nos### [at] yahooconz> wrote in message

>....... (I'm not a Linux user).
>http://www.geocities.com/getspatch/
>--
>Farewell,
>Bob

Why not? <grin>

John

--

In the name of Ken the father, Linus the son and rms the holy gnu....