POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Object growth macros Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:56:31 EDT (-0400)
  Object growth macros (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Redbeard (MDJohnson)
Subject: Object growth macros
Date: 21 Oct 2001 15:20:49
Message: <3bd32011$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all.

I've just finished a set of macros for use in my possible IRTC entry (running
out of time... don't even have basic scene set... uh oh).  I want to be able to
"grow" an object.  That is, expand it by some amount along the normal of all
surfaces, kind of like the grow command in a vector based drawing program.

This little include file does that for the five objects that I could figure out
how to grow.

I'll post a simple example image on p.b.i.

The next question is, can a general method for isosurfaces be had?  I don't
really think so, but I thought I'd ask the question.

Michael
--
#macro M(D,J)text{ttf"cyrvetic.ttf"D 1,0translate-J}#end#macro N(E,K)#local A=
M(E,K)light_source{-z*30rgb 1projected_through{A}}#end N("Michael"<1.6,-.2,5>)

Post a reply to this message

Of course, the include file would be nice :-)

"Redbeard (MDJohnson)" <red### [at] wvadelphianet> wrote in message
> Hi all.
>
> I've just finished a set of macros for use in my possible IRTC entry (running
> out of time... don't even have basic scene set... uh oh).  I want to be able
> "grow" an object.  That is, expand it by some amount along the normal of all
> surfaces, kind of like the grow command in a vector based drawing program.
>
> This little include file does that for the five objects that I could figure
out
> how to grow.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: