POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Object growth macros : Re: Object growth macros Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:04:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object growth macros
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 30 Nov 2001 12:29:07
Message: <3c07c1e3@news.povray.org>
"s1631001" <s16### [at] namtarqubacuk> wrote
> Changing the threhsold value would accomplish this, wouldn't it? I've
> only just started fiddling with isosurfaces, so don't take my word for
> it...

only if the gradient of the function remains everywhere the same ....
... which is quite seldom the case ...

That is quite the same, I asked a while ago in another group:
... if there is a way to determin to a given function another function, that
has its surface in a constant distance of the original function, even if the

--
Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet>