POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Comment/Uncomment in Window-Based Editors Server Time
17 Jun 2024 07:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Comment/Uncomment in Window-Based Editors (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ghost2
Subject: Comment/Uncomment in Window-Based Editors
Date: 6 Nov 2004 10:55:00
Message: <web.418cf2f7e9bf4e6f7d1f61010@news.povray.org>
If you have to comment/uncomment a large block of code, it can be tedious to
keep entering "//" all the time. It would be nice if comment/uncomment
options were available on the Right-Click/Text menus, much in the same way
that indent/undent are available.  I already know about '/*...*/', but this
would be be more selective, easier to understand for newer users, and more
convenient for the more experienced.  Also, this could be implemented on
other platforms as well.

Note: I wasn't sure where to post this message, so sorry if it seems out of
place.

Post a reply to this message

> If you have to comment/uncomment a large block of code, it can be tedious to
> keep entering "//" all the time. It would be nice if comment/uncomment
> options were available on the Right-Click/Text menus, much in the same way
> that indent/undent are available.  I already know about '/*...*/', but this
> would be be more selective, easier to understand for newer users, and more
> convenient for the more experienced.  Also, this could be implemented on
> other platforms as well.
>
> Note: I wasn't sure where to post this message, so sorry if it seems out of
> place.

First: Wrong group for feature requests, this is for discussing the
POV-Ray source code.

Second: using end of line comment ('//') is counterproductive for
commenting larger blocks.

Third: You can easily do this with regular expression search & replace.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______