POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Comment/Uncomment in Window-Based Editors : Re: Comment/Uncomment in Window-Based Editors Server Time
26 Jun 2024 07:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comment/Uncomment in Window-Based Editors
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 6 Nov 2004 11:30:02
Message: <cmittf$qbh$1@chho.imagico.de>
Ghost2 wrote:
> If you have to comment/uncomment a large block of code, it can be tedious to
> keep entering "//" all the time. It would be nice if comment/uncomment
> options were available on the Right-Click/Text menus, much in the same way
> that indent/undent are available.  I already know about '/*...*/', but this
> would be be more selective, easier to understand for newer users, and more
> convenient for the more experienced.  Also, this could be implemented on
> other platforms as well.
>
> Note: I wasn't sure where to post this message, so sorry if it seems out of
> place.

First: Wrong group for feature requests, this is for discussing the
POV-Ray source code.

Second: using end of line comment ('//') is counterproductive for
commenting larger blocks.

Third: You can easily do this with regular expression search & replace.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______