POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : 64bit windows compile? Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:37:17 EDT (-0400)
  64bit windows compile? (Message 11 to 20 of 38)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: 64bit windows compile?
Date: 18 Apr 2004 13:06:22
Message: <4082b58e@news.povray.org>
In article <c5ubkf$17b$1@chho.imagico.de> , Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

> Do i understand this right, MS offers a free beta version but not a
> compiler suited for generating the appropriate programs (neither free
> nor for $$$)?

No, the compiler is available.  You just need to have the usual MSDN
subscription to get early access easily.  Not even sure if you need to sign
an NDA for it currently.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

From: Rich
Date: 18 Apr 2004 13:54:41
Message: <Xns94CF792EFC3B7spammindspringcom@203.29.75.35>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote in

> In article <c5ubkf$17b$1@chho.imagico.de> , Christoph Hormann
><chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:
>
>> Do i understand this right, MS offers a free beta version but not a
>> compiler suited for generating the appropriate programs (neither free
>> nor for $$$)?

As some people on this board are so fond of saying, it's a beta, how can
you expect everything to work on it?  :)  Visual Studio .Net dose not yet
install on Windows XP 64bit.  At least not the build I have.

> No, the compiler is available.  You just need to have the usual MSDN
> subscription to get early access easily.  Not even sure if you need to
> sign an NDA for it currently.

I have a Universal subscription to MSDN though work.  Can you tell me where
the compiler is on subscriber downloads?  Thanks!

Rich

Post a reply to this message

> As some people on this board are so fond of saying, it's a beta, how can
> you expect everything to work on it?  :)  Visual Studio .Net dose not yet
> install on Windows XP 64bit.  At least not the build I have.

Well, of course not.  What use would the 32-bit compiler on it in the first
place?

> I have a Universal subscription to MSDN though work.  Can you tell me where
> the compiler is on subscriber downloads?  Thanks!

I don't have to download stuff myself from MSDN, somebody else does this and
puts it on the intranet were I work, so I don't know to download location.