POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. Server Time
19 May 2024 11:56:43 EDT (-0400)
  New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. (Message 31 to 40 of 73)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations.
Date: 29 May 2009 09:09:48
Message: <4a1fde9c@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> No wonder POV is so slow to develop if you have to debate whether
> using more meaningful keywords is a good thing or not :-(  Oh well.

  Have you ever thought that adding new keywords can potentially break
existing scenes? The SDL namespace is already heavily cluttered as it is.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 29 May 2009 09:13:18
Message: <4a1fdf6e@news.povray.org>
gregjohn <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> How about making a one-pass anaglyph, doing image processing, or setting up a
> captioning system for animation, submitting to an animation contest that wants
> non-4:3 entries?  For doing "great things" in povray (as opposed to "petty
> things" in povray like taking someone's code to make full-screen wallpaper),
> you might have to know exactly where an object will be relative to the camera.

  If you have a 4:3 photograph and you want to fill your 16:9 screen with it,
what do you do?

  Why can't the same answer be applied to a 4:3 povray-generated image?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message