POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature request: "resolution" keyword for gradients and maps Server Time
26 Apr 2024 22:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request: "resolution" keyword for gradients and maps (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: SharkD
Subject: Feature request: "resolution" keyword for gradients and maps
Date: 22 Jun 2008 15:05:00
Message: <web.485ea1dafacb78e423ce54f40@news.povray.org>
I would like to request the addition of a "resolution" keyword for gradients and
maps. This keyword would be used to create steps in a gradient so that one
doesn't necessarily have to interpolate it smoothly.

I know this can be done manually by inserting additional steps, but it is a
chore to do.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> I would like to request the addition of a "resolution" keyword for gradients and
> maps. This keyword would be used to create steps in a gradient so that one
> doesn't necessarily have to interpolate it smoothly.

  This can already be done by putting your pattern in a function, and
then creating a second function which calls that function and returns
the value stepped in the way you want (by appropriately using
multiplication, int() and division).

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> > I would like to request the addition of a "resolution" keyword for gradients and
> > maps. This keyword would be used to create steps in a gradient so that one
> > doesn't necessarily have to interpolate it smoothly.
>
>   This can already be done by putting your pattern in a function, and
> then creating a second function which calls that function and returns
> the value stepped in the way you want (by appropriately using
> multiplication, int() and division).
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Could you please post an example? Especially about the function referencing
another function part. Functions and related objects are confusing to me.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message