POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDTV resolution Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  HDTV resolution (Message 8 to 17 of 27)
<<< Previous 7 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Subject: Re: HDTV resolution
Date: 27 May 2010 20:27:16
Message: <op.vdd3jmzl7bxctx@toad.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Fri, 28 May 2010 02:10:48 +0200, nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Try one at 1280x720. The software in the TV may well be using this
>> resolution internally.
>
> just done.  It just displays smaller than the previous one, plenty more
> space left. :P

It is possible that the software is using 1920x1080 as a baseline, with
anything smaller getting scaled proportionally. Of course, since that
particular model can only display 720p, even the baseline gets downscaled
by a DSP eventually, but the software is probably near-identical on all
models.

--
FE

Post a reply to this message

"Fredrik Eriksson" <fe79}--at--{yahoo}--dot--{com> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 May 2010 02:10:48 +0200, nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >> Try one at 1280x720. The software in the TV may well be using this
> >> resolution internally.
> >
> > just done.  It just displays smaller than the previous one, plenty more
> > space left. :P
>
> It is possible that the software is using 1920x1080 as a baseline, with
> anything smaller getting scaled proportionally. Of course, since that
> particular model can only display 720p, even the baseline gets downscaled
> by a DSP eventually, but the software is probably near-identical on all
> models.

oh

so that would mean to display the images at full resolution, I should use "wide"
or "face zoom" mode?  I'm trying to think of an image that would lose obvious
detail when downscaled that would show up in those modes...

Post a reply to this message

> so that would mean to display the images at full resolution, I should use "wide"
> or "face zoom" mode?  I'm trying to think of an image that would lose obvious
> detail when downscaled that would show up in those modes...

A grid.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid

Post a reply to this message