POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDTV resolution : Re: HDTV resolution Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDTV resolution
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 27 May 2010 22:53:00
Message: <op.vdeaaib07bxctx@toad.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Fri, 28 May 2010 03:33:19 +0200, nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I just crafted away quite a few 1 pixel grids with 100x100px of spacing
> between the lines, in several resolutions, including 1366x768 and
> 1920x1080. I've not rescaled of course, I generated a new 1 pixel grid
> for each one with Gimp _> Render -> Pattern.  The 1080 one fits the
> whole screen just like the previous photos.  Each line is 1 pixel wide,

> The 768 one doesn't fit the whole screen as expected.

Try a small-scale checker pattern, i.e. with each square just one or two
pixels pixels wide. You could also try a resolution test chart:
  http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/res-chart.html

Because the scaling is so slight (1080 -> 720 is only a reduction by one
third), any loss of detail will be very subtle. Furthermore, a pixel-wide
line is likely to stay pixel-wide and just get a slight reduction in

unlikely to be a problem unless the scaler is really crappy.

--
FE