POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDTV resolution Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  HDTV resolution (Message 21 to 27 of 27)
From: Phil Cook v2
Subject: Re: HDTV resolution
Date: 3 Jun 2010 04:19:52
Message: <op.vdptghv8mn4jds@phils>
And lo On Mon, 31 May 2010 00:12:15 +0100, Neeum Zawan <m.n### [at] ieeeorg>
did spake thusly:

> 	I got the PS3 because it had 3 things:
>
> 1. Ability to play Blu-Ray.
>
> 2. Ability to stream videos from the computer.
>
> 3. Ability to stream from NetFlix.
>
> I originally had thought of getting 3 separate devices. A friend
> convinced me to buy a PS3 instead. I wish I hadn't listened to him.

OOC why?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 3 Jun 2010 11:52:28
Message: <4c07cfbc$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> I originally had thought of getting 3 separate devices. A friend
> convinced me to buy a PS3 instead. I wish I hadn't listened to him.
> Still, it was about $100 cheaper than buying all 3...

Most blu-ray players around here will also show youtube and netflix videos,
and I'm pretty sure there are a few that'll show files off your computer.
Prices run around $170 or so.

There are also lots of devices that'll play whatever you throw at them,
either via hard drive or over the net, for $100 or so. Get on amazon and
search for "HDMI torrent."

(And no, I was looking for hardware to replace our custom hardware at work,
not for myself. ;-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid

Post a reply to this message