POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDTV resolution : Re: HDTV resolution Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDTV resolution
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 4 Jun 2010 15:13:34
Message: <4c09505e$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/04/10 01:24, Phil Cook v2 wrote:
>>     When you want to fast forward, you get a choice of 1.5x. The next
>> bigger option is 10x. That's retarded. Even worse, when you want to seek
>> backwards, the first choice is 10x.
>
> At least it does actually fast-forward/rewind rather than turn the film
> into a slide-show as my Sony BDP-363 (and the latest more expensive
> model) does; I also like the way the 1.5x keeps the sound.

	Yeah, but 1.5x is too slow, and 10x is too fast. Most players go by
powers of 2 (2x, 4x, 8x).

> <snip>
>> - you
>> can't do that with the PS3 media server.
>
> That's fair enough if you're doing that, for most though I suspect it'll
> just work.

	Well, I'm sure stuff like speed controls could be hacked in the WD.
Perhaps also stuff like playlists - you can't do proper playlists with
the PS3 Media Server.

--
Guitar for sale. Very cheap. No strings attached.