POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Solar cooling? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Solar cooling? (Message 52 to 61 of 71)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Solar cooling?
Date: 18 May 2010 11:30:35
Message: <4bf2b29b$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/05/2010 4:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:34:28 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> It is not unknown, you know. Especially in the field.
>
> When things get crazy, it's not surprising that mistakes can happen.  A
> very high pressure job, to be sure.

I’m thinking more of first aiders who only get refresher training every
couple of years.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 18 May 2010 11:47:06
Message: <4bf2b67a$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 18 May 2010 16:30:36 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 18/05/2010 4:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:34:28 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> It is not unknown, you know. Especially in the field.
>>
>> When things get crazy, it's not surprising that mistakes can happen.  A
>> very high pressure job, to be sure.
>>

> I’m thinking more of first aiders who only get refresher training every
> couple of years.

That too, and probably more likely at that.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 18 May 2010 12:16:30
Message: <4bf2bd5e$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>>   Hence 1.5 volts isn't going to do it.
>
>> Yes, but a very brief high spike, which is what you were responding to,
>> *will* do it if the cow is pressing against the fence for several seconds.
>
>> He didn't say 1.5 volts. *You* said 1. volts. He said very short pulses.
>
>   I didn't say he said 1.5 volts. I said that "you make it sound like it was
> like 1.5 volts or something" (instead of a huge shock).

I see what you mean now.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid

Post a reply to this message