POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Remember those guys buzzing the road in their wingsuits? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Remember those guys buzzing the road in their wingsuits? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Darren New
Subject: Remember those guys buzzing the road in their wingsuits?
Date: 18 Apr 2010 00:45:25
Message: <4bca8e65$1@news.povray.org>
This is what it looked like from the ground.

#1 is pretty cool too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqhlfz9GQPE

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Warp
Date: 18 Apr 2010 01:49:11
Message: <4bca9d57@news.povray.org>

  Interesting life: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kittinger

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Date: 18 Apr 2010 08:56:11
Message: <4bcb016b$1@news.povray.org>

4bca8e65$1@news.povray.org...
> This is what it looked like from the ground.
>
> #1 is pretty cool too.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqhlfz9GQPE
>
> --
OMG the guy skydiving with a mere bermuda h at 0:50  have to trust his
friends

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 18 Apr 2010 15:05:01
Message: <web.4bcb5724b134a081480635c00@news.povray.org>
> This is what it looked like from the ground.
>
> #1 is pretty cool too.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqhlfz9GQPE

wow, amusing to learn that some people are really willing to risk their lives
just to have their 15 seconds of fame on youtube, like the guys doing the Matrix
jump across buildings or the guy without parachute.

pretty amazing, still.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 18 Apr 2010 15:07:23
Message: <4bcb586b@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> like the guys doing the Matrix
> jump across buildings

  Most parkourists don't do it for the fame, but because they like the
adrenaline rush.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 18 Apr 2010 15:53:42
Message: <4bcb6346@news.povray.org>
Am 18.04.2010 21:01, schrieb nemesis:

> wow, amusing to learn that some people are really willing to risk their lives
> just to have their 15 seconds of fame on youtube, like the guys doing the Matrix
> jump across buildings or the guy without parachute.

That guy with the Matrix jump has definitely been training this type of
stuff for ages (look up "Parkours" or "Free Running") - like most of the
other jumpers in that clip. Not quite the "15 seconds youtube fame" type
of people, more like, "So you're from Red Bull, and want to pay me big
time for doing my favorite fun stuff on camera? Okay, sounds cool -
count me in."

The no-parachute guy is probably closer to the type. Not much training
needed on /his/ part for that stunt - I guess a day's training would
suffice.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 18 Apr 2010 19:24:42
Message: <4bcb94ba$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> I guess a day's training would suffice.

And lots and lots of legal disclaimer paperwork. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Reactor
Date: 19 Apr 2010 02:20:00
Message: <web.4bcbf514b134a0818ea3b00@news.povray.org>
> Am 18.04.2010 21:01, schrieb nemesis:
>
> > wow, amusing to learn that some people are really willing to risk their lives
> > just to have their 15 seconds of fame on youtube, like the guys doing the Matrix
> > jump across buildings or the guy without parachute.
>
> That guy with the Matrix jump has definitely been training this type of
> stuff for ages (look up "Parkours" or "Free Running") - like most of the
> other jumpers in that clip. Not quite the "15 seconds youtube fame" type
> of people, more like, "So you're from Red Bull, and want to pay me big
> time for doing my favorite fun stuff on camera? Okay, sounds cool -
> count me in."
>
> The no-parachute guy is probably closer to the type. Not much training
> needed on /his/ part for that stunt - I guess a day's training would
> suffice.

The no-parachute guy happens to be Travis Pastrana.

-Reactor

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 19 Apr 2010 13:40:33
Message: <4bcc9591@news.povray.org>
Reactor escreveu:
>> Am 18.04.2010 21:01, schrieb nemesis:
>>
>>> wow, amusing to learn that some people are really willing to risk their lives
>>> just to have their 15 seconds of fame on youtube, like the guys doing the Matrix
>>> jump across buildings or the guy without parachute.
>> That guy with the Matrix jump has definitely been training this type of
>> stuff for ages (look up "Parkours" or "Free Running") - like most of the
>> other jumpers in that clip. Not quite the "15 seconds youtube fame" type
>> of people, more like, "So you're from Red Bull, and want to pay me big
>> time for doing my favorite fun stuff on camera? Okay, sounds cool -
>> count me in."
>>
>> The no-parachute guy is probably closer to the type. Not much training
>> needed on /his/ part for that stunt - I guess a day's training would
>> suffice.
>

> The no-parachute guy happens to be Travis Pastrana.

oh good.  That makes a lot more sense now. :)

not!

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9