POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Remember those guys buzzing the road in their wingsuits? : Re: Remember those guys buzzing the road in their wingsuits? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remember those guys buzzing the road in their wingsuits?
From: clipka
Date: 18 Apr 2010 15:53:42
Message: <4bcb6346@news.povray.org>
Am 18.04.2010 21:01, schrieb nemesis:

> wow, amusing to learn that some people are really willing to risk their lives
> just to have their 15 seconds of fame on youtube, like the guys doing the Matrix
> jump across buildings or the guy without parachute.

That guy with the Matrix jump has definitely been training this type of
stuff for ages (look up "Parkours" or "Free Running") - like most of the
other jumpers in that clip. Not quite the "15 seconds youtube fame" type
of people, more like, "So you're from Red Bull, and want to pay me big
time for doing my favorite fun stuff on camera? Okay, sounds cool -
count me in."

The no-parachute guy is probably closer to the type. Not much training
needed on /his/ part for that stunt - I guess a day's training would
suffice.