POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XML: what's it good for? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  XML: what's it good for? (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: XML: what's it good for?
Date: 19 Mar 2010 12:02:49
Message: <4ba3a029$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> For every single entity you want to use.
>
>> For every individual XML document you ever write.
>
>   You don't have to type them manually every time. Text editors support this
> thing called copying&pasting. It can even be used to copy text from one
> document to another.

Sure. If you already have another document to hand with all the entities
in it. It just means that every time you want to write some XML, you've
got to past 8 KB of definitions in at the top. (Or manually figure out
which ones you actually need in this particular document, and chop out
the rest.)

It's just rather messy.

Post a reply to this message

> It just means that every time you want to write some XML, you've
> got to past 8 KB of definitions in at the top.

  What do you need 300 symbols for? Could you even remember that many?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message