POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blurring Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Blurring (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Darren New
Subject: Blurring
Date: 18 Jan 2010 14:03:04
Message: <4b54b068$1@news.povray.org>
A very interesting (to me) article on how blurring of images works, with
Java source code, for beginners.

http://www.jhlabs.com/ip/blurring.html

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Subject: Re: Blurring
Date: 18 Jan 2010 18:51:18
Message: <4b54f3f6$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> A very interesting (to me) article on how blurring of images works, with
> Java source code, for beginners.
>
> http://www.jhlabs.com/ip/blurring.html

Timely for me, was just reading this:
http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/plug-in-convmatrix.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Jan 2010 04:20:01
Message: <web.4b5578c726fd4e6265f302820@news.povray.org>
> A very interesting (to me) article on how blurring of images works, with
> Java source code, for beginners.
>
> http://www.jhlabs.com/ip/blurring.html

Really interesting, especially the part about 'casting rays.' And well-written,
too. The Java applets are quite fun to play with. Interestingly, my older
version of Photoshop (v5.1) doesn't have filters to do some of these things (as
one-button solutions, anyway) that seem so easily-implemented.  Go figure...

Ken

Post a reply to this message

> A very interesting (to me) article on how blurring of images works, with
> Java source code, for beginners.
>
> http://www.jhlabs.com/ip/blurring.html

Funny thing... Before I started reading this article, I already had the
solution in mind: Fourier Transform!

--
~Mike