POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GPU rendering Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:03 EDT (-0400)
  GPU rendering (Message 101 to 110 of 175)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: GPU rendering
Date: 16 Jan 2010 13:50:21
Message: <4b520a6d@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> I still remember the first time I allocated a single, 2MB array, and it
> *just worked*.

It wasn't that long ago that I had a 9 gig textual database dump I needed to
do something interactive with, and I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure
out the best program for writing the mung in before I realized "hey, wait, I
have 16G RAM on this machine. I can just open it with VI."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do

Post a reply to this message