POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  wacom bamboo fun (Message 101 to 110 of 110)
From: stbenge
Subject: Re: wacom bamboo fun
Date: 27 Oct 2009 14:16:57
Message: <4ae73919@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> stbenge wrote:
>> 6 megs isn't too bad. Some of those art programs can run into the
>> hundreds... Maybe I can use my download manager to acquire them in
>> chunks, maybe not :/
>
> If you can't throw me the URL in email (remove removethis. and .invalid)
> and I'll pre-chunk it for you (assuming the software is free to dl, I
> didn't check).
>
> -Aero

Some of it is, with registration. One program doesn't seem to be
available anywhere; you can get it only as a bonus download after buying
the tablet. Maybe I should try the local media shop. They allow you to
use their computers to download things - for a price.

I'll keep your offer in mind, thanks! I'd rather not trouble you though :/

Post a reply to this message

>> If you can't throw me the URL in email (remove removethis. and .invalid)
>> and I'll pre-chunk it for you (assuming the software is free to dl, I
>> didn't check).
>
> Some of it is, with registration. One program doesn't seem to be
> available anywhere; you can get it only as a bonus download after buying
> the tablet. Maybe I should try the local media shop. They allow you to
> use their computers to download things - for a price.
>
> I'll keep your offer in mind, thanks! I'd rather not trouble you though :/

Just received a return e-mail from a wacom support guy. As it turns out,
I can request a DVD containing the programs! The wacom page itself gave
no indication of this option, but at least it exists :)

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:23:09 -0700, stbenge wrote:

> stbenge wrote:
>> Eero Ahonen wrote:
>>> If you can't throw me the URL in email (remove removethis. and
>>> .invalid) and I'll pre-chunk it for you (assuming the software is free
>>> to dl, I didn't check).
>>
>> Some of it is, with registration. One program doesn't seem to be
>> available anywhere; you can get it only as a bonus download after
>> buying the tablet. Maybe I should try the local media shop. They allow
>> you to use their computers to download things - for a price.
>>
>> I'll keep your offer in mind, thanks! I'd rather not trouble you though
>> :/
>
> Just received a return e-mail from a wacom support guy. As it turns out,
> I can request a DVD containing the programs! The wacom page itself gave
> no indication of this option, but at least it exists :)

I thought I saw that option when I downloaded my bundle - there's a
nominal charge (something like $10) for shipping and handling.

Jim

Post a reply to this message