POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysterious Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Mysterious (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Invisible
Subject: Mysterious
Date: 12 Jun 2009 05:49:25
Message: <4a3224a5$1@news.povray.org>
\
    \                    /
     \                  /
      \                /
       \              /
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       /              \
      /                \
     /                  \
    /                    \
                          \

What *is* this mysterious symbol that keeps appearing in XKCD?

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Re: Mysterious
Date: 12 Jun 2009 06:15:00
Message: <web.4a322a4634f6613a6dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> \
>     \                    /
>      \                  /
>       \                /
>        \              /
>         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>        /              \
>       /                \
>      /                  \
>     /                    \
>                           \
>

> What *is* this mysterious symbol that keeps appearing in XKCD?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feynman_diagram

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 12 Jun 2009 06:29:07
Message: <4a322df3$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feynman_diagram

"In quantum field theory a Feynman diagram is an intuitive graphical
representation of a contribution to the transition amplitude or
correlation function of a quantum mechanical or statistical field theory."

...the HELL?! o_O

OK, I'm sorry I asked.

Post a reply to this message