POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Real Americans V. The Plague Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Real Americans V. The Plague (Message 85 to 94 of 94)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Real Americans V. The Plague
Date: 13 Jun 2009 16:12:14
Message: <uv1835hke1a1c2arg2d1abobo53ca9tj5f@4ax.com>
On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:09:00 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> I do understand that it is considered by some to be immoral to
>> force a medication on to the whole population
>
>Ah, but what about vaccines, where having everyone take them is far more
>effective than having only some take them?

We are straying into the realms of Philosophy 202, here ;-)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 13 Jun 2009 16:27:17
Message: <mr2835l7p7q9b2osg3c0uf8hg06rd8fd4g@4ax.com>
On 13 Jun 2009 13:54:23 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>>>Mornington Crescent season! ;-)
>>>

>> If only I had the time :(
>
>I hear ya there.  We've got new exam going into beta that's consuming all
>my time right now (along with a system redesign for part of the exam
>delivery system).  Will have to work over the weekend on some of it.

Well, we have reached the stage in the implementation where someone has got to
say; Do you want the work done on time or do you wand it to work?

I'm writing Functional Specs and keep falling over gaps in the processes. And
now the head office in Atlanta has just told the head developer that due to
reorganisation, he can keep his green card but there is no longer a job for him.
So I can't see my contract being extended in 6 weeks time.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 13 Jun 2009 13:54:23 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

> Well, we have reached the stage in the implementation where someone has got to
> say; Do you want the work done on time or do you wand it to work?

The Harry Potter method of writing software?

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 22:50:02 +0200, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>On 13-6-2009 22:27, Stephen wrote:
>> On 13 Jun 2009 13:54:23 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>> Well, we have reached the stage in the implementation where someone has got to
>> say; Do you want the work done on time or do you wand it to work?
>
>The Harry Potter method of writing software?

Opps! want it to work?

But you may have a point. :)
--

Regards