POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Freedom House and Italy Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Freedom House and Italy (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: Carlo C
Subject: Freedom House and Italy
Date: 2 May 2009 04:30:00
Message: <web.49fc0453fb9ae427db1b8dbe0@news.povray.org>
Italy is the only European country to be downgraded in the last year from the
category of "countries with free press" to countries where press freedom is
"partial".

The Best are the nations of Northern Europe and Scandinavian countries: Iceland,
Finland, Norway, Denmark and Sweden (top five worldwide).

No controversy here, I believe that *Freedom House* says the right.
I am an italian *partially free*, but I *already knew it*.

Current situation? Maybe this:
#declare Italy = (1 / Anything);

(I want to be a Danish, and drink freely the good Danish beer in the long
Scandinavian afternoons). :-)

--
Carlo

Post a reply to this message

> Italy is the only European country to be downgraded in the last year from the
> category of "countries with free press" to countries where press freedom is
> "partial".

Do you have a source?

> The Best are the nations of Northern Europe and Scandinavian countries: Iceland,
> Finland, Norway, Denmark and Sweden (top five worldwide).
>
> No controversy here, I believe that *Freedom House* says the right.
> I am an italian *partially free*, but I *already knew it*.
>
> Current situation? Maybe this:
> #declare Italy = (1 / Anything);
>
> (I want to be a Danish, and drink freely the good Danish beer in the long
> Scandinavian afternoons). :-)

If you go north there are longer afternoons, in the tourist season. If
you live there you'll find out there are also shorter afternoons.

Post a reply to this message

http://www.freedomhouse.org/template.cfm?page=445

> If you go north there are longer afternoons, in the tourist season. If
> you live there you'll find out there are also shorter afternoons.

I wrote from point of view romantic/rhetoric/macaronic, not seriously.

--
Carlo

Post a reply to this message