POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Freedom House and Italy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Freedom House and Italy (Message 11 to 20 of 29)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 9 Messages >>>
From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: Re: Freedom House and Italy
Date: 2 May 2009 14:46:07
Message: <49fc94ef$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On Sat,  2 May 2009 04:29:07 EDT, "Carlo C." <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
>> (I want to be a Danish
>
> You want to be a pastry? :-)
>
> We, in the UK, are in the world of 1984.

	You'll be missed.

--
Best file compressor around: DEL *.* (100% compression)

                    /\  /\               /\  /
                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 2 May 2009 15:10:45
Message: <49fc9ab5$1@news.povray.org>
At the very least, you have better internet access than, say, Chinese,
right? ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 2 May 2009 15:22:23
Message: <49FC9D51.7070600@hotmail.com>
On 2-5-2009 13:42, Carlo C. wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>>>>
>>> http://www.freedomhouse.org/template.cfm?page=445
>> It is not on that page. On page 16 there is a small 2009 map that I can
>> not find anywhere else on the site. That has indeed italy again in
>> yellow (2004-2006 it was also yellow).
>>
>> It seems as if the Italians every now and then vote for a partial free
>> press.
>
> The Italian newspapers led me into error, sorry.

No need to say sorry. It appears that you are right, but that the data
is not so easy to find.

> In summary:
> - Political right is ok.
> - Civil liberties is downgraded from 1 to 2. :-(

Yes, but that is only Berlusconi. As soon as you stop electing someone
who controls the main media and who needs to be a politician just to
stay out of jail, you'll get back to a 1 status.

> The Freedom status is still *FREE*.
> But Italy is the *only* country in Western Europe downgraded.
>
> http://www.freedomhouse.org/uploads/fiw09/FIW09_Tables&GraphsForWeb.pdf

That's the bunny.

> In italian, "Sei un osso duro", Andrel!
> :-)

My italian is not so good and my latin is a bit rusty. :(

Post a reply to this message