POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  you & me right now, warp (Message 71 to 80 of 175)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: you & me right now, warp
Date: 17 Feb 2009 12:02:51
Message: <499aedbb@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Nothing is faster than C, some wise men said. ;)

  Someone claimed to me once that fortran has some tricks in its sleeve with
certain types of mathematical programming that allows it to generate much
faster code than C can. In order to get the same speed with C you have to
resort to (obviously non-portable) inline asm.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message