POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Smuggling BB's as software piracy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Smuggling BB's as software piracy (Message 21 to 24 of 24)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Smuggling BB's as software piracy
Date: 23 Jan 2009 14:21:35
Message: <497a18bf$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> On the order of 2^(650*(2^23))

assuming the quantum uncertainty doesn't get in the way.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jan 2009 14:24:18
Message: <497a1962$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> This is starting to sound like that blog I read. Apparently America was
> planning to enact a law that makes it illegal to "facilitate copyright
> infringement".

We already have that. It's called "Contributory copyright infringement" or
some such. That's why Napster got shut down even tho they weren't hosting
the copyrighted content themselves.

Xerox and Betamax (and YouTube) didn't, because they showed the copying
mechanism could be used for things other than copyright infringement.

> I have no idea if this act ever become law. ;-)

Doesn't need to.