POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl) Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl) (Message 15 to 24 of 34)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl)
Date: 11 Nov 2008 16:13:38
Message: <4919f582$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> (Of course, what I forgot is that you have to know what something looks
> like before you can draw it. DOH!)

You definitely need more college art classes.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Nov 2008 16:14:58
Message: <4919f5d2$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> (Of course, what I forgot is that you have to know what something
>> looks like before you can draw it. DOH!)
>
> You definitely need more college art classes.

Uh... why?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Warp
Date: 11 Nov 2008 16:20:16
Message: <4919f70f@news.povray.org>
> I'd make some belittling remark here - but then I basically started
> learning to draw so I could draw naked girls. I guess that makes me just
> as pathetic. :-S

> (Of course, what I forgot is that you have to know what something looks
> like before you can draw it. DOH!)

  Remember what the internet is for...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Nov 2008 16:22:00
Message: <4919f778$1@news.povray.org>
>> (Of course, what I forgot is that you have to know what something looks
>> like before you can draw it. DOH!)
>
>   Remember what the internet is for...

Heh. I meant *real* girls. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Darren New
Date: 11 Nov 2008 16:32:17
Message: <4919f9e1$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> (Of course, what I forgot is that you have to know what something
>>> looks like before you can draw it. DOH!)
>>
>> You definitely need more college art classes.
>
> Uh... why?

Where do you think people go to learn to draw nudes?  How do you think
they get taught?

From: Darren New
Date: 11 Nov 2008 16:32:39
Message: <4919f9f7$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Remember what the internet is for...

Now *that* made me laugh. Thank you.

From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 11 Nov 2008 16:50:00
Message: <web.4919fcd544dd31cd85de7b680@news.povray.org>
"B. Gimeno" <bgi### [at] lycoses> wrote:
> While surfing on the excellent forum for professionals CGSociety.org I came
> across this excellent image. (Note to sensitive and morally offended, this link
> contains an artistic nude).

Now, what kind of sick mind would be offended by an image of a pretty girl?

> http://oddity.cgsociety.org/gallery/655126/

The face somehow looks childlike in a way that looks mismatched to her body.
(But as a latent artist who's been unsuccessful with portraits, I still
struggle with how head and facial features convey age, sex, and other
characteristics.)

The hair and the skin texture are spectacular.  The anatomical forms and the
skin textures of the elbow and feet show a remarkable attention to detail, as
well as how her thigh is deformed by the way she sits on the chair.

And refreshingly, the model is shaped like a real woman and not like a Barbie
doll.

Post a reply to this message

>>> You definitely need more college art classes.
>>
>> Uh... why?
>
> Where do you think people go to learn to draw nudes?  How do you think
> they get taught?

Heh. I thought they only draw ugly guys? :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/