POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl) : Re: Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl) Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl)
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Nov 2008 17:03:05
Message: <491a0119$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Ever heard of "Poser porn"?

I do recall the bunch of lads in the tech support office of one place
had a bit Lara Croft pinup on the wall.

I'm sitting there thinking to myself "um, you guys know that you're
staring at a large polygon mesh, right? I mean, this object doesn't even
*exist* in the usual sense of the word! Even fantasising over an
unattainable supermodel seems better than lusting for a non-existent
fictional character...!"

Given that these guys still thought it was hilarious to say "arse!"
every now and then, I guess that thought would be lost on them...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/