POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fractals may catch fire? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  The fractals may catch fire? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Carlo C
Subject: The fractals may catch fire?
Date: 17 Oct 2008 16:55:00
Message: <web.48f8fa9aaa0d2695da767270@news.povray.org>
Maybe.
What do you think of Incendia?

http://www.incendia.net/

-
Regards

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: The fractals may catch fire?
Date: 17 Oct 2008 18:39:20
Message: <48f91418@news.povray.org>
Carlo C. wrote:
> What do you think of Incendia?

I think it's yet another web site that thinks it's cool to have
dark-grey on black text, "magic" buttons serving as links, and other
poor-design practices. :-)

The results look pretty cool, tho. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 18 Oct 2008 12:35:14
Message: <48fa1042$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New nous illumina en ce 2008-10-17 18:39 -->
> Carlo C. wrote:
>> What do you think of Incendia?
>
> I think it's yet another web site that thinks it's cool to have
> dark-grey on black text, "magic" buttons serving as links, and other
> poor-design practices. :-)
>
> The results look pretty cool, tho. :-)

Not worst than dark blue ou dark burgundy text on black, or light blue on sky
blue, or yellow on pink or orange, or....

--
Alain
If That Phone Was Up Your Butt, Maybe You Could Drive A Little Better!

Post a reply to this message

From: Xavier Manget
Date: 18 Oct 2008 13:22:08
Message: <48fa1b40$1@news.povray.org>

48f91418@news.povray.org...
> Carlo C. wrote:
>> What do you think of Incendia?
>
> I think it's yet another web site that thinks it's cool to have dark-grey
> on black text,

Perhaps you need a monitor with a lower gamma... ;-)

Xavier

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 18 Oct 2008 14:08:47
Message: <48fa262f$1@news.povray.org>
Xavier Manget wrote:
> Perhaps you need a monitor with a lower gamma... ;-)

I need a monitor in a room that doesn't have white walls, a picture
window, and in a city that's cloudless 350 days a year. :-)  Or eyes 20
years younger, one or the other.

I was amused that my brother (who really likes purple) painted his
office in shades of purple, with a deep royal purple on the wall behind
his desk, specifically so he could see the monitor in the daytime.

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 18 Oct 2008 21:17:04
Message: <48fa8a90@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:08:48 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> I was amused that my brother (who really likes purple) painted his
> office in shades of purple, with a deep royal purple on the wall behind
> his desk, specifically so he could see the monitor in the daytime.

I like that idea.  Not necessarily the purple, but the idea of picking
colours specifically to be able to see your monitor - that's well thought
out.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 20 Oct 2008 07:01:10
Message: <48fc64f6$1@news.povray.org>
> I need a monitor in a room that doesn't have white walls, a picture
> window, and in a city that's cloudless 350 days a year. :-)  Or eyes 20
> years younger, one or the other.

You need an "outdoor display" type monitor (like the one Tim mentioned in
his new Lifebook).  In those, part of each pixel also works on the incoming
light (with a reflector behind the pixel), so that the image doesn't get
"washed out" in bright ambient light.  Some of them give pretty cool
results, the one in my car still looks just as good when there is direct
sunlight hitting it.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 20 Oct 2008 11:17:32
Message: <48fca10c@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> I need a monitor in a room that doesn't have white walls, a picture
>> window, and in a city that's cloudless 350 days a year. :-)  Or eyes
>> 20 years younger, one or the other.
>
> You need an "outdoor display" type monitor (like the one Tim mentioned
> in his new Lifebook).

I have one on my laptop. I'll have to spin it up at my desk some time
it's bright and see how things look, out of curiousity.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)