POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fractals may catch fire? : Re: The fractals may catch fire? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fractals may catch fire?
From: scott
Date: 20 Oct 2008 07:01:10
Message: <48fc64f6$1@news.povray.org>
> I need a monitor in a room that doesn't have white walls, a picture
> window, and in a city that's cloudless 350 days a year. :-)  Or eyes 20
> years younger, one or the other.

You need an "outdoor display" type monitor (like the one Tim mentioned in
his new Lifebook).  In those, part of each pixel also works on the incoming
light (with a reflector behind the pixel), so that the image doesn't get
"washed out" in bright ambient light.  Some of them give pretty cool
results, the one in my car still looks just as good when there is direct
sunlight hitting it.