POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : evil TV commercials Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  evil TV commercials (Message 59 to 68 of 78)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: evil TV commercials
Date: 19 May 2008 13:38:50
Message: <1ne334dctl3a90mqjq45jr68tdlpqkb7pl@4ax.com>
On Mon, 19 May 2008 16:58:44 +0100, "Phil Cook"
<phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:

Vaseline is the best and your boyfriend can use it too :)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: stbenge
Date: 19 May 2008 16:45:45
Message: <4831e6f9@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
> [snort] My my the way my mind works - "Is your airline using standard
> seat cushions in their planes? Tests show that normal seats can hide
> terrorists for up to two days. Ask for a PhilCo seat because you don't
> want you and your family to end up dead"

I literally laughed out loud on this one!

Sam

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 19 May 2008 18:24:17
Message: <4831FE3C.1050309@hotmail.com>
Phil Cook wrote:

> Meh I'm just weary of this I caught a Ch4 thing on the claims of
> cosmetic companies. 'So long as they don't make medicinal claims then
> they can say what they like without any clinical studies being
> published' I just love to read the small print they have to publish '75%
> of women said they noticed a difference' - based on a survey of 52
> women; wooh that's statistically valid.
>
> The funny part was that Ch4 blind-tested some women with cheap to
> expensive products and most of the ones seemed to claim a difference
> after four weeks. That was until they were re-examined by dermatolgists
> who came back with the results that a few had improved, a few had not
> changed, and a few had got worse; with no apparent difference between
> the £5 tube of moisturiser and the £100+ complete skin care range.

Seems to me that is compatible with 'difference'. As long as they don't
claim an improvement they are safe, I guess. Hmm, I see opportunities for
even greater percentages of 'difference'.

Post a reply to this message