POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who's game to help a vid game novice? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Who's game to help a vid game novice? (Message 17 to 26 of 36)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: PS2 question
Date: 25 Mar 2008 12:56:35
Message: <47e93cd3@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I have a question about playstation 2:
>
>   Can you connect it directly to a CRT monitor?

If your monitor supports the sync rates and inverted sync bits, then yes.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 25 Mar 2008 13:18:20
Message: <op.t8k3svpj7bxctx@e6600.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:51:00 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
>> Or just download a PS2 emulator for your PC.
>
>   Is there any emulator which actually can run commercial games?

Last time I took a serious look (maybe a year ago), the best ones were
able to show the *menu* of *some* commercial games. I think things have
improved somewhat since then, but they are not yet at the point where a
"casual" user would be interested.

You may want to check out this forum:
http://forums.ngemu.com/ps2-emulation/

--