POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apple cores: a gesture of goodwill towards a post-apocalyptic planet Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Apple cores: a gesture of goodwill towards a post-apocalyptic planet (Message 5 to 14 of 44)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Apple cores: a gesture of goodwill towards a post-apocalyptic planet
Date: 23 Feb 2008 21:46:19
Message: <47c0da7b$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 18:48:03 -0700, somebody wrote:

> I don't care. A thousand years is as meaningless to me as 100 billion
> years.

You don't think we owe it to future generations to leave them a habitable
planet?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 23 Feb 2008 23:50:01
Message: <web.47c0f766eb19bdc8d97e565e0@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> For most of the earth's history plants and animals have invaded
> neighboring areas whenever the opportunity has presented itself, and the
> global climate shifts of the past indicate that the present warming
> trend signals a return to normal conditions, and not a departure from them.

yeah, I can imagine all those big dinoussaurs certainly contributed much more to
global warming via farts than we do via carburetors (and farts)...

> If man is changing the earth, big deal; Mother Nature was changing the
> earth for millenia before we showed up, has done so during our time
> here, and if she outlasts us will continue to do so when we are gone.

so we should continue adapting to new environment conditions -- this time around
largely contributed by us -- rather than plan and adapt our environment to our
needs?

Post a reply to this message