POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:32 EDT (-0400)
  New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) (Message 116 to 125 of 175)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
Date: 21 Feb 2008 10:55:08
Message: <47bd9edc$1@news.povray.org>

47bd77a2$1@news.povray.org...

> But then, as you know, most of my renders are pretty trivial. For example,
> the image attached to the first post in this thread. I have no idea how
> the hell it's possible to model something that complicated. Surely
> something like that must take many months of modelling?

More likely a few hours. We're not in the early 90s anymore. Modelling apps
have come a long way.
Now have a look at the images below for some state-of-the-art rendering.
http://thirdseventh.cgsociety.org/gallery/573528/
Note that this is done with VRay, which is not an unbiased renderer, but a
"traditional" raytracer with GI and *** lots *** of improvements.
http://www.cgarchitect.com/news/Reviews/Review007_1.asp

G.

--
**********************
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

>> But then, as you know, most of my renders are pretty trivial. For example,
>> the image attached to the first post in this thread. I have no idea how
>> the hell it's possible to model something that complicated. Surely
>> something like that must take many months of modelling?
>
> More likely a few hours. We're not in the early 90s anymore. Modelling apps
> have come a long way.

People have moddeling apps now? Damn, I just type everything in as text...

[Only kidding!]

> Now have a look at the images below for some state-of-the-art rendering.
> http://thirdseventh.cgsociety.org/gallery/573528/

Sorry - due to my extremely lame monitor at work, most of these come out
nearly black... :-(

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/