POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  Northern Illinois University Student Attack (Message 41 to 50 of 297)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
Date: 15 Feb 2008 12:48:16
Message: <47b5d060@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 04:31:36 -0500, Warp wrote:

> alphaQuad <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
>> This post is goddamn important so if any of you don?t like it, TS, then
>> you are also part of the problem.
>
>   Even at the risk of sounding like a jerk, maybe you might not want to
> use that kind of expression.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma#Examples

That's a much more succinct way of saying what I was trying to say.

Thank you for your clarity. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: alphaQuad
Date: 15 Feb 2008 12:50:00
Message: <web.47b5d0629d4c0fa78cbbb6920@news.povray.org>
one more point here.

If that poor brain fried shooter has smoked a joint yesterday, he would have
stayed home. Absolutely!!!!!!!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~beta-quadrant/Bill_Hicks-Mandatory.mp3

"THE ONE AND ONLY CORRECT ANSWER"

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Feb 2008 12:50:45
Message: <47b5d0f5$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:19:50 -0500, Sabrina Kilian wrote:

>  I don't believe Cho was on Prozac.

Ditto.  But even if she was, I have family members who have taken Prozac
in the past, and they never went out and killed anyone.  It actually
worked the way it was supposed to.

But people have different reactions to different drugs.  When I broke my
leg, I was prescribed Hydrocodone for the pain.  I had an adverse
reaction to it - it made me hallucinate.  I went for a week without any
real sleep (I did rest, but after I was off of it and on something else,
I realized that I'd been lying awake at night on the Hydrocodone).

My reaction is typical of < 0.1% of people who it is prescribed to.  That
doesn't make it a bad drug, just bad for me.

Jim

Post a reply to this message