POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Northern Illinois University Student Attack (Message 188 to 197 of 297)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
Date: 19 Feb 2008 08:10:27
Message: <47bad543$1@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad wrote:
> Who's living in denial?
>
> This crap not only kills pests but innocent people too,
> when a victim ingesting too much fluorine finds a gun.

Fluoride is added to many municipal water supplies.  The website you
linked has its britches in a bundle about that, too, except...if what
you're arguing is true, *everybody* should be running around with guns,
shooting up everybody else.  But they're not.  So maybe the danger is,
how do we say...exaggerated?  Just a wee bit?

A great sentence from http://www.fluoridealert.org/media/2000d.html
reads, "Your dentist probably told you something different, but
Featherstone is a respected researcher and an authority on the subject."
  You'd be hard-pressed to find a better example of fallacy from appeal
to authority.

Quite frankly, I don't buy this alarmist propaganda, simply due to
statistics.  There would be a lot more obvious issues if this stuff was
really as much of a problem as is claimed.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.digitalartsuk.com

Post a reply to this message