POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 23:11:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: Phil Cook
Date: 19 Feb 2008 09:12:44
Message: <op.t6ry0tu4c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:45:05 -0000, Brian Elliott
<NotForSpam@AskIfUWant> did spake, saying:

> "Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:53:58 +0000, Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
>>
>>> I am also told that your women
>>
>> Sorry Brian, I just remembered that you are from the other colony  :)
>
> Dat's ok.  Only a little skiing available here so he may not have come
> anyway.  And too much danger from the wildlife.  Spiders: Funnelwebs and
> Redbacks;  We've more poisonous snakes than you can poke a stick at (so
> to speak): Death Adders, Taipans, Red-bellied blacks, the Western Fierce
> Snake and the Brown snakes;  And we have critters that'll keep you
> standing in the heat on a 40 Deg.C day, ie., Crocodiles in our rivers
> that eat you whole and shit your shoes out a month later and thoroughly
> deadly marine life you don't want to meet on a swim: box jellyfish,
> stonefish, blue-ringed octopi, and the odd white-pointer.
>
> Oh, and watch out for the drop-bears!
>
> It's a wonder any of us survive past childhood really.

You know none of those get mentioned in the ads. 'Come to sunny Australia,
enjoy our relaxed attitudes, beaches, barbies, tinnies and the chance to
be poisoned or mauled by our wildlife.' Damn we've got it good here, no
wonder we considered your country suitable as a prison :-P

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com