POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
12 Oct 2024 09:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Northern Illinois University Student Attack (Message 171 to 180 of 297)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
Date: 19 Feb 2008 03:05:24
Message: <47ba8dc4$1@news.povray.org>
> And of course storing the gun unloaded is probably a wise move as well.

What, incase someone breaks into your house and you need to use it? ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 19 Feb 2008 03:21:34
Message: <h64lr35krqmo56jj0fgqnonn0d1j02j4js@4ax.com>
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:56:40 +1000, "Brian Elliott" <NotForSpam@AskIfUWant>
wrote:

>>> I thought that it was in case those Brit visitors aren't really tourists
>>> :)
>>
>> LOL, you know, that could be true. :-)
>
>How about sending Andy over in a red coat?  If nothing happens, it's safe to
>go.

HQ tried but he did not fall for it :)

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Brian Elliott
Date: 19 Feb 2008 03:36:42
Message: <47ba951a$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:56:40 +1000, "Brian Elliott"
> <NotForSpam@AskIfUWant>

>>> LOL, you know, that could be true. :-)
>>
>>How about sending Andy over in a red coat?  If nothing happens, it's safe
>>go.
>
> HQ tried but he did not fall for it :)

I remember  :-)   Maybe if we started saying how fantastic the skiing is in
the US..?

Post a reply to this message

From: Phil Cook
Date: 19 Feb 2008 04:12:04
Message: <op.t6rk4j00c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:39:12 -0000, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:02:05 +0000, Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> And lo on Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:52:00 -0000, Jim Henderson
>> <nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

>>> Suppose that psychotic purchased the weapon prior to their break?
>>>
>>> Or they decided not to take their medications?
>>
>> OOC error, but I'll still answer. If it's the case that someone taking
>> medicine is safe to own a firearm, but isn't safe if they stop taking
>> their medication then the question becomes 'what's the likelihood of
>> that happening?'. Think of Asimov's The Naked Sun of the three
>> intelligences involved who was the real murderer?
>
> Weapons purchased prior to their diagnosis is what I was talking about.

There we have another difference, licences here need to be reapplied for
every year (or two?) so they can be removed from those deemed unsuitable
to hold them.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com