POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wonderful products from microsoft Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Wonderful products from microsoft (Message 21 to 30 of 43)
From: Orchid XP v7
Subject: Re: Wonderful products from microsoft
Date: 5 Jan 2008 07:44:24
Message: <477f7ba8$1@news.povray.org>
Vincent Le Chevalier wrote:

>> On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:24:51 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>>
>> ...and now over to Doug for the weather.  It's a brisk 32 degrees here
>> in hell...
>>

> Took me a while to realize you were talking in Fahrenheit :-)

Either way, that's still pretty cold for Hell.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Alain
Date: 5 Jan 2008 11:20:07
Message: <477fae37$1@news.povray.org>
Kyle nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/04 08:17:
> On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:24:51 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>
> ...and now over to Doug for the weather.  It's a brisk 32 degrees here in hell...

Acording to some legends, there are, at least, some parts of hells that are
freezing. Apparently, some parts are raging furnaces, others are froosen
wastelands, while others are bogs and swamps drenched by constant caustic, or
acidic, rains... They say that there are 9 hells, each different, each one worst
than the preceding ones.
Whatever the case, none of those hellish regions are places where you'd want to
pass your vacations... much less eternity.

--
Alain
At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 5 Jan 2008 11:20:55
Message: <477fae67$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/05 07:44:
> Vincent Le Chevalier wrote:
>> Kyle a écrit :
>>> On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:24:51 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>>>
>>> ...and now over to Doug for the weather.  It's a brisk 32 degrees
>>> here in hell...
>>>

>> Took me a while to realize you were talking in Fahrenheit :-)
>
> Either way, that's still pretty cold for Hell.

...or prety warm.

--
Alain
"The fact that windows is one of the most popular ways to operate a computer

Post a reply to this message

From: Sherry Shaw
Date: 8 Jan 2008 17:32:52
Message: <4783fa14@news.povray.org>
Mike the Elder wrote:
>> Kyle wrote:
>>
>>> ...and now over to Doug for the weather.  It's a brisk 32 degrees here in hell...
>>
> No, THIS improbable:
>
> .... and experts fear that a continuing drop in temperature could cause ice to
> form on the pigs' wings...

And THIS is REALLY improbable:

A string of freakin' tornados blasting up I-44 from Oklahoma across
Missouri (plus a bit of Arkansas) and into Illinois, all night long, in
freakin' January...

...and today I've got the freakin' river in my front yard...just hoping
it'll clear away some of the freakin' tree limbs etc. from all the ice
storms...

Must be the temperature fluctuations in Hell jacking around with the
weather up here.

Golly, I miss plain old snow...

--Sherry Shaw

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jan 2008 04:47:22
Message: <4784982a$1@news.povray.org>
Sherry Shaw wrote:

> And THIS is REALLY improbable:

No, THIS IS IMPROBABLE:

Yesterday, a 9 year old girl was walking to school, and the house she
was walking past *exploded* and she was crushed by falling brickwork.

And I'm not even making this up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7178259.stm

> A string of freakin' tornados blasting up I-44 from Oklahoma across
> Missouri (plus a bit of Arkansas) and into Illinois, all night long, in
> freakin' January...
>
> ...and today I've got the freakin' river in my front yard...just hoping
> it'll clear away some of the freakin' tree limbs etc. from all the ice
> storms...

So... that's where you live? ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Kyle
Date: 9 Jan 2008 09:01:46
Message: <3tk9o353s8v7qpe2njdo16f48h397u6o1j@4ax.com>
On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 09:47:21 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>Yesterday, a 9 year old girl was walking to school, and the house she
>was walking past *exploded* and she was crushed by falling brickwork.
>
>And I'm not even making this up.
>
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7178259.stm

Wow, what a random way to go.  That's quite sad.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jan 2008 09:55:44
Message: <4784e070$1@news.povray.org>
Kyle wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 09:47:21 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>
>> Yesterday, a 9 year old girl was walking to school, and the house she
>> was walking past *exploded* and she was crushed by falling brickwork.
>>
>> And I'm not even making this up.
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7178259.stm
>

> Wow, what a random way to go.  That's quite sad.

Yah. 20 seconds early or late and she'd still be alive and unharmed.

How cruel life is...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: scott
Date: 9 Jan 2008 10:01:43
Message: <4784e1d7$1@news.povray.org>
> Yah. 20 seconds early or late and she'd still be alive and unharmed.

But for every person that gets something like this, there are thousands who
escaped by 5, 10, 20 seconds from death.  Just due to the huge numbers of
people on this planet, there will always be stories like this, people who
were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Don't forget, there's (roughly) a 1 in 14 million chance of winning a
lottery, yet still hundreds of people worldwide have this happen to them
every week...

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jan 2008 10:15:47
Message: <4784e523$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Yah. 20 seconds early or late and she'd still be alive and unharmed.
>
> But for every person that gets something like this, there are thousands
> who escaped by 5, 10, 20 seconds from death.  Just due to the huge
> numbers of people on this planet, there will always be stories like
> this, people who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

True...

> Don't forget, there's (roughly) a 1 in 14 million chance of winning a
> lottery, yet still hundreds of people worldwide have this happen to them
> every week...

Really? I thought it was actually quite unusual for anybody to win?
(This is why they have so many rollover weeks.)

[As an aside, I always thought a rollover week was a particularly *bad*
way to try to sell tickets. "Hey, everybody! Last week several million
people bought a ticket and NOBODY WON! You should hand over all your
money right away for your chance to not win this week's draw!"]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Kyle
Date: 9 Jan 2008 15:39:35
Message: <3obao3d192vnh3r4668p0k700j15a86rfs@4ax.com>
I recall that there was an accident here in town several years ago that was also a
wrong-place-wrong-time type also.  A lady jogger was killed when a large branch from
an old tree fell and crushed
her.  She was found when a crew came to cut the branch up to haul it away.  I always
wondered if she had been discovered earlier if she would have lived...