POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 (Message 240 to 249 of 269)
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Subject: Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national healthcare?
Date: 25 Aug 2009 17:20:00
Message: <op.uy8ljlo77bxctx@e6600>
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:09:58 +0200, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom>
wrote:
> Well, true, but consider that the land mass of the US is 9,826,630 sq.
> km. and the population is roughly 307,212,123 people...(density of 31
> people per square km).  Compare to your IP address' home location of The
> Netherlands, 41,526 sq. km. and a population of 16,715,999 (density of
> 402 people per sq. km.) and you start to see the difference I'm talking
> about.  Compare the US population density to pretty much any European
> country and you'll find the comparison is pretty consistent, overall.

You will find that Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland all have lower
population densities than the US.

--
FE

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Aug 2009 18:01:55
Message: <4a945f53$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:19:50 +0200, Fredrik Eriksson wrote:

> You will find that Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland all have lower
> population densities than the US.

I did say "overall", of course there will be exceptions. :-)

Sweden:  20 P/Sq. Km.

Norway:  14 P/Sq. Km.

Finland:  15 P/Sq. Km.

Iceland:  2 P/Sq. Km.

I could go the other way as well and list France, Germany, and the United
Kingdom.  <shrug>

I used the Netherlands because it was most likely the experience that
andrel is most familiar with, since it seems he lives there. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:19:50 +0200, Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
>
>> You will find that Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland all have lower
>> population densities than the US.
>
> I did say "overall", of course there will be exceptions. :-)
>
> Sweden:  20 P/Sq. Km.
>
> Norway:  14 P/Sq. Km.
>
> Finland:  15 P/Sq. Km.
>
> Iceland:  2 P/Sq. Km.
>
> I could go the other way as well and list France, Germany, and the United
> Kingdom.  <shrug>
>
> I used the Netherlands because it was most likely the experience that
> andrel is most familiar with, since it seems he lives there. :-)

Dutch people tend to travel a lot. Everywhere I go I meet them. I know
some people that go to the weirdest places, same experience. There are
thousands of Dutch people trying to find a place without Dutchmen. Guess
why that is not working. Even the spacestation is not safe, although the
moon may be free of my countrymen (for now).

Post a reply to this message