POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wave energy Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Wave energy (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Wave energy
Date: 7 May 2010 14:25:53
Message: <4be45b31$1@news.povray.org>
So I have a small question for the POV-Ray memetic search engine: How
much energy does a wave have?

I actually can't figure this one out. Presumably the energy of a wave is
a function of its amplitude, but I have a feeling frequency is involved
as well. (But I'm not sure in which polarity.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Am 07.05.2010 20:25, schrieb Orchid XP v8:
> So I have a small question for the POV-Ray memetic search engine: How
> much energy does a wave have?
>
> I actually can't figure this one out. Presumably the energy of a wave is
> a function of its amplitude, but I have a feeling frequency is involved
> as well. (But I'm not sure in which polarity.)

As the potential gradients are higher, I'd guess high-frequency waves
have a higher energy (given a fixed amplitude) - just like with EM waves.

Post a reply to this message