POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wave energy : Re: Wave energy Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wave energy
From: scott
Date: 10 May 2010 07:54:27
Message: <4be7f3f3$1@news.povray.org>
> Sound waves are what really interest me, but presumably water waves being
> mechanical have similar properties...

I guess in water there are really two types of "wave".  The huge waves that
you see on the surface and crashing against the coast moving in 2D are one
type, but the other type is disturbances under the surface that are
transmitted as pressure waves in 3D.  Those are probably more similar to
sound waves.

Wikipedia has several pages about sound and pressure/power:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_power