POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A job opportunity for someone? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  A job opportunity for someone? (Message 28 to 37 of 37)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: A job opportunity for someone?
Date: 29 Aug 2008 12:52:16
Message: <e9agb4hneadgf4dr4ne5c3sq3hol756c44@4ax.com>
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:45:58 -0400, Tom Austin <taustin> wrote:

>> Ah, that explains it :-)
>> Ask Stephen and he'll give it to you; I'm not going to post it here
>>
>> John
>>

>Hey guys!
>
>He doesn't trust us!

Would you? :)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Austin
Date: 29 Aug 2008 14:59:10
Message: <48b846fe$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:45:58 -0400, Tom Austin <taustin> wrote:
>
>>> Ah, that explains it :-)
>>> Ask Stephen and he'll give it to you; I'm not going to post it here
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>> Hey guys!
>>
>> He doesn't trust us!
>
> Would you? :)

that's not the issue here  ;-o

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 29 Aug 2008 15:24:11
Message: <t5jgb4hm8v0ltrm5scsago2kca9e05h62n@4ax.com>
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:59:10 -0400, Tom Austin <taustin> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:

>>> Hey guys!
>>>
>>> He doesn't trust us!
>>
>> Would you? :)
>
>that's not the issue here  ;-o

It's not?

Well, well, well.

But then in his job it's probably safer not to be told. Hmm!
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 29 Aug 2008 17:49:40
Message: <48b86ef4$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:59:10 -0400, Tom Austin <taustin> wrote:
>
>> Stephen wrote:

>>> Would you? :)
>> that's not the issue here  ;-o
>>
> It's not?
>
> Well, well, well.
>
> But then in his job it's probably safer not to be told. Hmm!
Yup, I'm surprised I told you Stephen ;-)
OTOH if I hadn't told you, you wouldn't be able to invite me to help you
spend your millions on beer and whisky

But seriously, re: my profession, I prefer that the fewer people who can
contact me directly, the better

John

--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 30 Aug 2008 05:08:50
Message: <kg3ib4phshgm3juncgj6a4l5brpfdgmsdt@4ax.com>
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:49:39 +0100, Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:

>> But then in his job it's probably safer not to be told. Hmm!
>Yup, I'm surprised I told you Stephen ;-)
>OTOH if I hadn't told you, you wouldn't be able to invite me to help you
>spend your millions on beer and whisky
>
>But seriously, re: my profession, I prefer that the fewer people who can
>contact me directly, the better

You didn't. Using my big brain (the size of a small planetoid) and Multivac, I
deduced it. Unfortunately you had to kill me, which was a shame.

BTW How's Kat's leg?
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 30 Aug 2008 05:37:58
Message: <48b914f6$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> You didn't. Using my big brain (the size of a small planetoid) and Multivac, I
> deduced it. Unfortunately you had to kill me, which was a shame.

...and it was your round too. Silly me

> BTW How's Kat's leg?
Broken, but healing well. She's got one of those new-fangled inflatable
splint thingies on it, so she looks like she's wearing a single ski-boot
:-) For someone who takes pride in her footwear collection this is a
disaster

John

From: Stephen
Date: 30 Aug 2008 06:38:40
Message: <m18ib49jve9h90731cg8vjtj1j1t1oje34@4ax.com>
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:37:57 +0100, Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>>
>> You didn't. Using my big brain (the size of a small planetoid) and Multivac, I
>> deduced it. Unfortunately you had to kill me, which was a shame.
>>
>...and it was your round too. Silly me

It will have to be spirits then <g>

>> BTW How's Kat's leg?
>Broken, but healing well. She's got one of those new-fangled inflatable
>splint thingies on it, so she looks like she's wearing a single ski-boot
>:-) For someone who takes pride in her footwear collection this is a
>disaster

Glad to hear, not about the sartorial disaster, though.
I suppose it makes "signing the stookie" problematic ;)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 30 Aug 2008 17:40:48
Message: <48b9be60$1@news.povray.org>
> Tom Austin wrote:
>
>>> Ask Stephen and he'll give it to you; I'm not going to post it here
>>
>> Hey guys!
>>
>> He doesn't trust us!
>
> Us? Or the web spiders crawling www.povray.org? ;-)

     As if anyone would post their phone number on a group. Mate, you are
*too* paranoid!

     Nobody is going to stalk you!

        ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 30 Aug 2008 17:45:05
Message: <48b9bf61@news.povray.org>
"Doctor John" <joh### [at] homecom> wrote in message
> Stephen wrote:
>>
>> You didn't. Using my big brain (the size of a small planetoid) and
>> Multivac, I
>> deduced it. Unfortunately you had to kill me, which was a shame.
>>
> ...and it was your round too. Silly me
>
>> BTW How's Kat's leg?
> Broken, but healing well. She's got one of those new-fangled inflatable
> splint thingies on it, so she looks like she's wearing a single ski-boot
> :-) For someone who takes pride in her footwear collection this is a
> disaster

   Woah! Didn't read this til now! Hope she's ok John.

    ~Steve~

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 3 Sep 2008 15:33:51
Message: <48bee69f$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> Andrew are you reading this?

I have drafted a covering letter and nearly finished updating my CV.
(Appearently "lease" isn't the same thing as "liaise" at all! Oops...)

Give it another week or so, I might be ready to send something. That'll
be, oh, only 2 weeks since you meantioned this. :-S

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/