POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Heroes Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Heroes (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Heroes
Date: 5 Nov 2007 22:11:00
Message: <472fdb44$1@news.povray.org>
How bout that there plot twist, eh?  Way to screw up history, Hiro.
This means that the entirety of season 2 so far has been an alternate
universe (in all likelihood, season 1 can be written off as such too,
depending on what needs to be fixed), with an alternate-alternate
universe as the future Peter hopped into.  Heh.

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message

"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
> How bout that there plot twist, eh?  Way to screw up history, Hiro. This
> means that the entirety of season 2 so far has been an alternate universe
> (in all likelihood, season 1 can be written off as such too, depending on
> what needs to be fixed), with an alternate-alternate universe as the
> future Peter hopped into.  Heh.

We're still on season 1 here so this is a bit of a spoiler for me ;oP

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

Hey hey ixnay on the oilersspay we're only up to 1.18 :-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

[WARNING: SPOILERS, STOP READING NOW!!!]

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 22:10:38 -0500, Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote:

>How bout that there plot twist, eh?  Way to screw up history, Hiro.
>This means that the entirety of season 2 so far has been an alternate
>universe (in all likelihood, season 1 can be written off as such too,
>depending on what needs to be fixed), with an alternate-alternate
>universe as the future Peter hopped into.  Heh.

Hmm, I dunno.  Yaeko said she would keep the story of Takezo Kensei alive and tell it
to all.  So, isn't history saved at that point in the story?

Post a reply to this message

> [WARNING: SPOILERS, STOP READING NOW!!!]
>
> On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 22:10:38 -0500, Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote:
>
>> How bout that there plot twist, eh?  Way to screw up history, Hiro.
>> This means that the entirety of season 2 so far has been an alternate
>> universe (in all likelihood, season 1 can be written off as such too,
>> depending on what needs to be fixed), with an alternate-alternate
>> universe as the future Peter hopped into.  Heh.
>
> Hmm, I dunno.  Yaeko said she would keep the story of Takezo Kensei alive and tell
it to all.  So, isn't history saved at that point in the story?

No, because the Englishman became a bad guy due to Hiro's *chu* event.
That's what needs to be fixed, since he's running around in the present
(ah, immortality) killing everybody in revenge.

From: Kyle
Date: 6 Nov 2007 14:31:14
Message: <aof1j3hn8ls0cmhtlk3l7csuvu06ok9hib@4ax.com>
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:10:32 -0500, Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote:

>Kyle wrote:
>> [WARNING: SPOILERS, STOP READING NOW!!!]
>>
>> On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 22:10:38 -0500, Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote:
>>
>>> How bout that there plot twist, eh?  Way to screw up history, Hiro.
>>> This means that the entirety of season 2 so far has been an alternate
>>> universe (in all likelihood, season 1 can be written off as such too,
>>> depending on what needs to be fixed), with an alternate-alternate
>>> universe as the future Peter hopped into.  Heh.
>>
>> Hmm, I dunno.  Yaeko said she would keep the story of Takezo Kensei alive and tell
it to all.  So, isn't history saved at that point in the story?

>No, because the Englishman became a bad guy due to Hiro's *chu* event.
>That's what needs to be fixed, since he's running around in the present
>(ah, immortality) killing everybody in revenge.

But why does this make the second season an alternate universe?  Hiro definitely went
back in time in any case, since Kensei was not a hero to begin with, and would not
have been, without Hiro's help.
So, perhaps the events unfolding as they did are not alternate events, but just normal
history.  Adam's just another bad dude that needs to be dealt with in the present,
indeed due to Hiro's
misjudgment, but not as an alternate to any other path.

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Cook
Date: 7 Nov 2007 00:42:21
Message: <4731503d$1@news.povray.org>
Kyle wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:10:32 -0500, Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote:
>
>> Kyle wrote:
>>> [WARNING: SPOILERS, STOP READING NOW!!!]
> But why does this make the second season an alternate universe?  Hiro definitely
went back in time in any case, since Kensei was not a hero to begin with, and would
not have been, without Hiro's help.
> So, perhaps the events unfolding as they did are not alternate events, but just
normal history.  Adam's just another bad dude that needs to be dealt with in the
present, indeed due to Hiro's
> misjudgment, but not as an alternate to any other path.

Because when you go back in time and screw up history at 1491 by killing
Columbus, that changes everything in the timeline after that point to
not include him, so if you then flash forward to your original time,
you're still in the timeline where you killed him so nobody says he
discovered America.  So you have to go back and stop yourself from doing
the killing to revert to your original timeline (or a reasonable
facsimile thereof).