POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Heroes : Re: Heroes Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heroes
From: Kyle
Date: 6 Nov 2007 14:31:14
Message: <aof1j3hn8ls0cmhtlk3l7csuvu06ok9hib@4ax.com>
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:10:32 -0500, Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote:

>Kyle wrote:
>> [WARNING: SPOILERS, STOP READING NOW!!!]
>>
>> On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 22:10:38 -0500, Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote:
>>
>>> How bout that there plot twist, eh?  Way to screw up history, Hiro.
>>> This means that the entirety of season 2 so far has been an alternate
>>> universe (in all likelihood, season 1 can be written off as such too,
>>> depending on what needs to be fixed), with an alternate-alternate
>>> universe as the future Peter hopped into.  Heh.
>>
>> Hmm, I dunno.  Yaeko said she would keep the story of Takezo Kensei alive and tell
it to all.  So, isn't history saved at that point in the story?

>No, because the Englishman became a bad guy due to Hiro's *chu* event.
>That's what needs to be fixed, since he's running around in the present
>(ah, immortality) killing everybody in revenge.

But why does this make the second season an alternate universe?  Hiro definitely went
back in time in any case, since Kensei was not a hero to begin with, and would not
have been, without Hiro's help.
So, perhaps the events unfolding as they did are not alternate events, but just normal
history.  Adam's just another bad dude that needs to be dealt with in the present,
indeed due to Hiro's
misjudgment, but not as an alternate to any other path.