POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do you recognise any of these phrases? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Do you recognise any of these phrases? (Message 21 to 30 of 57)
From: stbenge
Subject: Re: Do you recognise any of these phrases?
Date: 17 Jun 2008 16:52:41
Message: <48582419$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
>> 110%
>
>   That's an especially funny expression because it's so easy to defend,
> and so easy to debunk at the same time.
>
>   "Doing 110% means that you not only do everything you can, but you
> make extra effort and surpass yourself and give a little more."
>   But if you could surpass your efforts by 10%, that means you weren't
> doing it at 100% to begin with...

This reminds me of a PBS commercial a while back which said something to
the effect, "the best minds in medicine, and then some."

If you already have the best minds in medicine and then add more, then
you aren't really adding superior or even equal minds! The result could
be overspent research money and distraction...

Sam

Post a reply to this message