POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do you recognise any of these phrases? : Re: Do you recognise any of these phrases? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do you recognise any of these phrases?
From: Warp
Date: 17 Jun 2008 17:34:54
Message: <48582dfe@news.povray.org>
stbenge <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> This reminds me of a PBS commercial a while back which said something to
> the effect, "the best minds in medicine, and then some."

  Actually I don't see anything odd in that expression. It could simply
mean that they have the best minds in medicine and also lesser minds (or
other similar resources) to back them up.

  OTOH, if the expression "and them some" means "and something even better"
(I'm actually not completely sure of the usual meaning of that expression),
then you may be right.

--
                                                          - Warp