POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Getting Kenned Ham, without paying. Server Time
18 Oct 2024 20:44:00 EDT (-0400)
  Getting Kenned Ham, without paying. (Message 471 to 480 of 588)
From: Phil Cook
Subject: Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
Date: 12 Dec 2007 10:01:59
Message: <op.t279eekec3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:02:34 -0000, nemesis
<nam### [at] gmailcom> did spake, saying:

>> > from wikipedia:
>> > "In Mesopotamian mythology Lamashtu (Sumerian Dimme) was a female
>> demon,
>> > monster, malevolent goddess or demigoddess that menaced women during
>> > childbirth and, if possible, kidnapped children while they were
>> > breastfeeding, she would gnaw on their bones and suck their blood, as
>> > well as being charged with a number of other evil deeds."
>> >
>> > yes, clearly JHVH's ways.  fucked up world twisting fucked up minds, I
>> > tell you.
>>
>> Hmmm, shall we look at the plagues that JHVH has visited on the world?
>> The flood?  Yes, he certainly is benevolent, isn't he?
>>
>> The God of the OT was IMHO quite sadistic.  If he/she/it exists, they're
>> not exactly a being that I want looking out for my best interests.

<snip>

> JHVH just demands faith, not sacrifices.

So either God's a 'Worship Me or I'll beat you up' bully or a 'I'll help
the tribe who showers Me with the most faith' mercenary (or both)?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message