POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black Friday - an appropriate appellation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Black Friday - an appropriate appellation (Message 21 to 30 of 30)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Black Friday - an appropriate appellation
Date: 1 Dec 2008 12:54:48
Message: <493424e8@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Oh, that's cute.
>
> On the other hand, our local Tesco *never* seems to have any bread left
> on sale. Every single time I go there, only a couple of loaves left. Why?

They order an amount they think will last for one day. Fresh bread won't
sell on another day, so every unselled bread is a loss.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 1 Dec 2008 16:29:55
Message: <49345753$1@news.povray.org>
>> On the other hand, our local Tesco *never* seems to have any bread left
>> on sale. Every single time I go there, only a couple of loaves left. Why?
>
> They order an amount they think will last for one day. Fresh bread won't
> sell on another day, so every unselled bread is a loss.

And every customer who walks in to buy bread but can't is also a loss.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/