POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Database Questions Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:11:28 EDT (-0400)
  Database Questions (Message 59 to 68 of 68)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Database Questions
Date: 11 Mar 2011 05:16:59
Message: <4d79f69b@news.povray.org>
On 11/03/2011 9:26 AM, Invisible wrote:
> Which is what I said. GPS isn't very accurate.

When you consider that the satellites orbit about 12,550 miles above the
earth and the clock in your Tom Tom is not very expensive. The accuracy
is acceptable IMO.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 11 Mar 2011 05:25:35
Message: <4d79f89f@news.povray.org>
On 11/03/2011 10:16 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 11/03/2011 9:26 AM, Invisible wrote:
>> Which is what I said. GPS isn't very accurate.
>
> When you consider that the satellites orbit about 12,550 miles above the
> earth

...then it's amazing that it can fix your location to the nearest
landmass, never mind the nearest city. I agree. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

On 11/03/2011 10:25 AM, Invisible wrote:
> On 11/03/2011 10:16 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 11/03/2011 9:26 AM, Invisible wrote:
>>> Which is what I said. GPS isn't very accurate.
>>
>> When you consider that the satellites orbit about 12,550 miles above the
>> earth
>
> ....then it's amazing that it can fix your location to the nearest
> landmass, never mind the nearest city. I agree. ;-)

I have used my Tom Tom to navigate around Chester by foot. It saved
memorising a page of the A to Z.

--
Regards
     Stephen