POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday WTF Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Friday WTF (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: Invisible
Subject: Friday WTF
Date: 18 Feb 2011 09:18:35
Message: <4d5e7fbb@news.povray.org>
"The file Data.csv is already open. You cannot open two documents with
the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open
the second document, either close the one that's already open, or rename
one of the documents."

Who knew Excel couldn't do this?

For that matter, who has any idea *why* it can't do this?! o_O

Post a reply to this message

> For that matter, who has any idea *why* it can't do this?! o_O

Because internally it uses some reference based on the filename of open
documents?  Or it would get confused if you tried to reference another
open document and there were two with the same filename?

Post a reply to this message

>> For that matter, who has any idea *why* it can't do this?! o_O
>
> Because internally it uses some reference based on the filename of open
> documents?  Or it would get confused if you tried to reference another
> open document and there were two with the same filename?

Or the UI didn't have a place to put the path name of the file in your face,
and the Excel team decided it was easier to disallow that than to fix the UI
to find a place to put the path?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"